Thursday, January 6, 2011

Notecards



my handmade creation
 


some supplies used
 

So we had another Birthday party at Chuck E Cheese...and I am a big fan. No set up, no cleanup, no stress. Simple. Easy. Love it there!! They have updated their rides and it seems much cleaner inside. Some even said the pizza was better but I was not brave enough to try it. Besides, there were homeade choc chip cookies and that is WAY more appealing. So after the party, I searched all over my house for thank you notes and realized we finally ran out of the "fancy" stationary {the kind with sailboats and my sons name on them}. HMMM, what to do. Can't wait 2-4 weeks to order more. So an hour later, I take a field trip to Michaels and buy some adorable scalloped baby blue cards and red card stock and assemble my own. While in the check out lane, I made an impulse buy in the dollar section. They had these one letter monogram rubber stamps and I knew I had to have.  Upon returning home after my millions of daily errands and carpool driving, I attemped to assemble some notecards. It was very simple, just used a gluestick and glued the scalloped card to the square card for a layered look Then I stamped the big initial in the upper righthand corner. You could use any stamp-I thought about using the stamp in the second photo from Cupcaketree but wanted to try out my new one and I think they came out pretty cool...what do you think-see photo #1?? Did I mention how much money I probably saved. The custom ones are at least $100 for a set of 50 plus shipping costs, proofs, etc, etc.. These would be about half the cost. The stamp was $1.00 and I already had ink pads lying around from the kids crafts!!  You do not have to be creative, it is really simple to make your own stationary and fun too...



1 comment:

  1. yay! I like it! the cards are great and very creative. I am jealous of your Micheals $1 bin's! Mine aren't that great.

    ReplyDelete